Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Learning to Live, Laugh, and Love

Life has so many twists and turns. If I look back a year ago I would've never thought that I would've made it to where I am now. I have all the happiness in the world and everything that anyone could ever hope for. I've learned a lot as the years go by but mostly I've learned how to live, how to laugh, and how to love.

I've never lived as much in my entire life than in some of these cherished moments:
-Running from the massive tides of the Pacific Ocean at 1 a.m. Including getting swept under and my phone stolen.
-Spending an hour (mostly on my rear end) trying to do my first cartwheel.
-My very first solo performance and trusting myself enough to just sing.
-Blasting the radio as high as possible and driving below the speed limit just to enjoy the view.
-Running through the sprinklers, getting soaked, slow dancing to a cheesy country song, and then kissing my first love.
-Making it up to the top of the Y and looking over one of the most beautiful valleys I've ever seen and spotting the most temples I possibly could.
-Swinging underneath the most star-filled sky of my life and enjoying the midnight breeze.
-Spending a week with my best friend and realizing how blessed I am to have that experience with a few of the greatest people I've ever known.
-Chasing around my little sisters until we're all out of breath.

Here are some moments of pure laughter and joy:
-Any moment with my friend Trevor. I never stop laughing.
-Playing card games with my family and laughing so hard that Mt. Dew came out my nose.
-Tackle football in the snow with my high school choir friends.
-"STEEEEEEVE!"
-Brandy: "Oh no that poor pigeon doesn't have a left foot!" Ted: "Man that's so LAME!"
-Hearing my friend Amanda laugh. It's contagious.
-Watching the Youtube video of Glozel waxing her armpits with the S.O.F.F. girls.
-Directing my very first Choir.

Moments of pure Love:
-Being held in the arms of one you love while you do nothing else but be with each other.
-When a dear friend of mine got up during sacrament meeting and told me that she appreciated my friendship and that she loved me.
-The best hug of my life with my very best friend where I hugged him and he held my head to his chest.
-Sitting on a piano bench next to said best friend and realized how much he meant to me while he played a piece he wrote and I couldn't help but cry.
-My baptism.
-The first time, and every time I bare my testimony.
-When my parents wrote me a letter expressing how much I meant to them and why they love me so much.
-Family hugs and family prayers.
-Every moment I spend singing.
-Every moment I spend with those that I love.

I've been so blessed in my life and I'm so grateful that I've had these experiences to learn and grow. I love life and I love that I get the chance to keep living and just being Brandy!

1 comment:

  1. Must say this is my favorite post so far just because it let me reminiscence on all my happiness. I wanna keep this one forever!

    ReplyDelete