Monday, July 4, 2011

Blessings

It's been a long and hard summer for my family and I. Yet the Lord seems to rain little pieces of magic into every day of my life that makes me grateful for the hard times, and hopeful for the good times to come.

This past weekend I had my Aunts come up from Texas (well, my mom's aunts rather). These lovely ladies are sisters to my Grandmother, who was a great friend and grandparent to me when I was young. Each minute I got to see and spend time with my aunts (and my aunt Elise's husband, Cecil) I was reminded of how great my grandmother was and how I long to be like her and to be able to see her again. I don't remember her well since it's been more than eight years since her passing, but I still remember her loving eyes, her warm voice, and the great influence she was to my mother and family.

I don't get to see my family very much, and it meant a lot to me that my Aunts could come and see us to remind me of their love for me. I'll never forget how excited each of them were to see me and the faith and love that radiated from their voices as they sang to us.  
It meant so much to my family to have y'all here, but I wanted to thank you because of the impact it had on me. Love you :)

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to see them, and you! It's funny because Cordell and I were talking about just this same thing on the ride home, about how much has been going on and yet we all seem to find the good. Anyway, I love you, and keep up the good attitude :)

    ReplyDelete