Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pros and Cons

So I'm conflicted at the moment, and would like to take this opportunity to formally address pros and cons that placate my current occupation statuses.

I just barely begun working at a place named Response Marketing. Yes, as the name so vaguely puts it, I work in a call center as a telemarketer. Glamorous, isn't it? I've only been working there for two days, and I am already past the point of misery. Alas, the point of misery is not a point of no return (please excuse the Phantom of the Opera reference).

As I was driving home from work today, my second painful day of what seemed to be many more painful days to come, I receive a voicemail from David's Bridal offering me an interview for a Sales Consultant position. For those who do not know, this is pretty much my dream job. I've always wanted to work in the Bridal Industry and wanted to help women find their inner beauty through an outward ramification of their potential found in layers of white chiffon or satin.

My Dilemma: The interview for the dream job at David's Bridal is at the same time my shift starts on Friday.

So I told David's Bridal that I would be at the interview.
Here are the pros and cons, and my innermost thoughts regarding the situation:

Pros:
-I could get the job of my dreams
-I could make more money than I do at Response Marketing
-I could escape the jaws of Hell, i.e. telemarketing, and not be screamed at by angry old ladies everyday.

Cons:
-I would have to quit the current job as a telemarketer, and if I did not get the job at David's, be out of work and practically penniless.
-The main reason I got a job was to be able to start saving funds for a mission, and if I end up jobless, I may have to put off a mission.

Is my current happiness going to in fact affect happiness further down the road? Should I give up something "good" for the chance of receiving something much better? Nevertheless, I already agreed to the interview on Friday, and unless I can convince my current boss to give me that time off, I sacrifice the telemarketing job just to be considered at David's Bridal. I hope all works out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment