Saturday, July 16, 2011

Adventures in the Realm of Baking

So it's my father's birthday today! My mother made a risky choice by asking me to make his cake for him, and I honestly feel that she must be absolutely desperate if she needed me to make it in her place. My last cake experience was not a pleasant one, I tried to frost a pre-made cake that my friend brought to school for another friend's birthday. I am terrrrrrible when it comes to cake decorating. Exhibit A:


Sad face because of the ugliness:


It's pretty bad, isn't it? Might just be the ugliest and saddest-looking cake ever. Nevertheless, I am determined to redeem myself. So far all of the ingredients are in the mixer. Nothing has caught on fire quite yet.


Into the pan, yes, I did make sure to grease it.


Out of the oven, a little bit burnt...


And now all I have left is to frost the dang thing! Which is always the worst part... Ooh, a couple of clumps of crumbs and frosting on the edge there.


But Dad will love it anyways. He's a guy, he don't care what it looks like!


Okay, so it's not the prettiest cake ever... But it's ten times better than my last cake! Improvement Achieved. Happy Birthday Pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment