Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February is Here!

Oh. My. Goodness. It's February. Instead of a New Year's Resolution, I'm going to incite a better tradition - A New Month's Resolution. What is my resolution for this month? Update my blog at least once in February. Hey look, I've already accomplished my goal!
In honor of this new month upcoming, I feel inclined to remind you that Valentine's Day is in 13 days. That means that I only have 13 more days to mentally brace myself for whatever might come this year. Some of you might be thinking "What's the big deal? Valentine's Day comes around every year." But this year is different kids. This year Brandy is finally dating someone when it rolls around! We thought it might never happen!
So here are the dilemmas: Do I get him something? Will he get me something? Are we finally going to kiss? Do I need to plan out a special day? Am I thinking through this too much, and/or am I being too pushy and clingy? I have no answer for any of these questions. I asked him if we were going to get each other gifts, and his response was "I'll never ask you to get me anything, but if you do, I can't really stop you." So I then asked, "Well, do you think that you'd be getting me something?" And if I could remember his response I would tell you all, but it honestly has slipped through my short-term memory's little grasp. So I'm at a stand-still. Even worse, if I did decide to get him something, what on earth would it be?!
I don't really want to worry about this right now. I just want to enjoy his company and pretend like Valentine's Day isn't even coming this year. Instead of Groundhog day for-telling when the next season will arrive, I think it should be changed to decide whether or not Valentine's Day is held that year. If the groundhog comes out and sees his shadow, the sun is out enough for people to be basking in the light and forget about all of the follies of Valentine's Day. But, on the other hand, if the groundhog sees no shadow, let the lovey-dovey begin! Hopefully then there would be less years in which I would have to worry about silly things such as these.
Happy February everyone! 13 More days of unresolved questioning :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you should get him something that pokes fun at valentines day. Like star shaped chocolates or a bear that says 'rock on!' That way you can get him something that will make him laugh and he won't feel the pressure of not having given you anything (becasue he probably won't. Boys are dumb like that -- even Cordell probably won't get me anything) Anyway, just enjoy it like it's another wonderful day with the person you like, and then you won't be disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete