Monday, March 28, 2011

Chamber Choir Tour 2011

Hello all! This is my very first post, my very first blog, ever! I'm excited. So naturally (seeing as how it is my first post) I took some time to contemplate my first topic. I figured it was appropriate to blog about how I just got back from spending a week in San Francisco with the Utah Valley University Chamber Choir. I had a blast! We got to perform in a lot of really cool spaces, we got to see places like China Town and the Oakland LDS Temple, and we got to eat some of the best food in this universe. The 40+ hours on a bus were totally worth it.
-Tuesday: Bus ride. That's about it unfortunately.
-Wednesday: Golden Gate Bridge, China Town, Oakland Temple, Delicious Tongan feast (best part), and perform for seven of the LDS stakes in Oakland.
-Thursday: Lombard Street, Union Square, the Cheesecake Factory, Perform at Grace Cathedral (seven second reverb!), Berkeley College workshop, Indian food in Berkeley (yet another first).
-Friday: Coit Tower, Perform at Mission Dolores, Workshop with Ragnar Bohlin, Mack's Opera Cafe, and going to see the San Francisco Symphony perform Bach's B Minor Mass (Best part of the whole tour!), going to see the ocean again for the first time in 6 years.
P.S. Friday was the most thrilling, yummy, stimulating, and heartbreaking day of tour (In that order). It was on this day that I mourned for the loss of my phone to the mighty Pacific Ocean.Saturday:
-Saturday: Dripping wet Park, Pier 49 (Magnus the Sea Lion), the best fish and chips of my life, Recording at the Chapel of Chimes, Fenton's Ice Cream (or as Ryan likes to call it "Isssssse Cweammmm!"
-Sunday: Perform at our Professor's church, make the long trek back to Utah!
-Monday, 5:30 A.M: Finally arrive back and sleep through all my morning classes.
So instead of still lingering on the delicious memories that tour has left me with, I have come back to snow, lots of homework, lots of laundry, and a whole lot of stress. Doesn't matter though, because I got to spend a week partyin' it up with my best friends and amazing magical musical moments! I love my life :)

1 comment: